Refreshing Delights: Six New Summer Tea Recipes to Beat the Heat
Strawberry Lemonade Margarita:
Ingredients (yields approx. 2 margaritas) -
- 2-3 Tablespoons Strawberry Lemonade Rooibos
- 5-8 Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup Lemonade (I used Simply Light)
- 1 Cup Silver Tequila
- Sugar & Lemon Slice for Garnish
- Infuse Strawberry Lemonade Rooibos into any Silver Tequila (I used Espolòn Blanco Tequila). Let sit in the fridge for 24-48 hours or until tequila turns a dark pink/red.
- Strain the leaves using a fine strainer or cheese cloth. You may need to do this twice to remove all the rooibos leaves.
- Mash 1-2 strawberries into a cocktail shaker.
- Combine Strawberry Lemonade infused tequila, mashed strawberries, lemonade and ice into a cocktail shaker and shake until blended. I highly recommend using a 'light' or low sugar lemonade blend to avoid an overly sweet drink.
- Rim the margarita glasses with sugar. Pour the mixture in and garnish with lemon slice and remaining strawberries. Enjoy!
Ingredients (Yields one smoothie) -
- Heaping tsp of Goldenberry Tea
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 Banana
- Honey (desired amount)
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt Cup
- Brew Goldenberry Tea & let cool
- Add tea, banana, yogurt, honey, and desired amount of ice to blender.
- Blend & Enjoy!
Watermelon Mint Popsicles:
Ingredients (yields approx. 4 popsicles) -
- Heaping tsp of Watermelon Mint Green Tea
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Watermelon Juice (I used Simply)
- Splash of Lime Juice
- Brew Watermelon Mint Tea (Brew tea at 180º - steep for 2 minutes.)
- Add a squirt of Lime Juice and Watermelon Juice
- Stir and pour into popsicle molds
- Freeze overnight and enjoy!
Tropical Starfruit Herbal Iced "Tea":
Ingredients (yields 8) -
- 4 tsp Tropical Starfruit Tisane
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups mango juice
- Seltzer or sparkling wine
- Boil water and pour over the Tropical Starfruit. Steep for 10 minutes, then strain.
- Combine steeped tea in a pitcher with juice.
- Pour over ice in glasses and add seltzer or sparkling wine (approximately 1/4 - 1/3 cup).
Pink Bubblegum Cupcakes:
Ingredients (yields 12 cupcakes) -
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 2 ½ Tbsp Pink Bubblegum Herbal Tisane
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup tea milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
Frosting Ingredients -
- 2 sticks softened butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup tea milk
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until steaming hot. Turn off the heat, place the tea in the saucepan, stir, cover and steep for 5 minutes. Strain into a measuring cup and press liquid out of the leaves to make 1 cup of milk.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In an electric mixer mix the granulated sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs. Alternate adding the flour and the 1/2 cup of the milk tea until incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake liners and bake for 15 minutes. Rotate the pan and continue until the cupcake tops spring back and a tester comes out clean, about 5 more minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting -
- Cream the butter then add the lemon zest.
- Slowly alternate adding the confectioners' sugar and 1/2 cup milk tea until you reach the desired frosting consistency.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes and serve.
Tropical Iced Tea:
- 2 cups Hot Water (180°)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 heaping tsp. Hawaiian Pineapple Green Tea
- 1/2 Mango cut into chunks
- 2 sprigs Mint
- In a pitcher or glass, muddle the mango and mint leaves.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Let this steep for 20 minutes before straining.
We hope you love our Summer Recipes as much as we do!
Did you try any? Let us know how it turned out.
Keep updated on all things "Simpson & Vail" by subscribing to our email list.
Leave a comment